Friday, February 5, 2010

Favorite Places for a Cup of Coffee

Ok, I was thinking the other day about some of my favorite places that I've been and I realized that while I was at many of those places I had a cup of coffee.  One of those places was Maroon Bells CO.  I took a hike up there one day a couple of years ago.  Here is a link to the Wikipedia entry about Maroon Bells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_Bells 
The trail begins at Maroon Bells Lake which is the place where this picture was taken.  It is a beautiful lake that reflects the mountians. To see a time lapse photo of this reflection follow this link to the video page of my website http://gourmetcoffeespot.com/videos.php    I hiked the trail up to the base of the mountians where Crater Lake is located. Although it was a day hike I had some of my back packing stuff with me.  So, after reaching Crater Lake I broke out the back packing stove, boiled some water and enjoyed a hot cup of coffee. It really hit the spot because it was sleeting the day that I was there. It was a great day. Share in the comments some of the places that you have enjoyed having coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment