Monday, March 1, 2010

A Good Darker, Medium Roast Coffee

I’ll be honest before trying their Henry’s Blend I had never drank Seattle’s Best coffee before. Seattle’s Best bills its Henry’s Blend as a “medium roast” coffee. Upon first opening the bag however the aroma and the color of the beans gives the impression of a dark roast. The aroma especially is almost like that of a French roast. I ground the beans, put some water on to boil and got out my Melitta Perfect brew to give it a try. Verdict? I really like this coffee. It is much richer and bolder than one would expect from a medium roast blend. Seattle’s Best advertises this blend as having a nutty sweet taste. You can detect the nutty influence but not so much the sweetness which suits me just fine. In spite of the fact that it smells much like a French roast you can only detect a very slight smokiness to the flavor. This coffee has a taste that is much bolder and richer than most medium roast coffees. For this reason people who tend to prefer light roast or normal medium roast may be put off by the flavor. I tend to prefer darker roast so Henry’s Blend makes a great everyday coffee for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment